05 January 2010

Curried Tofu Salad


My super awesome friend Andi makes some of the best tofu salad ever! We love it and have dubbed it "chix sally" and whenever I get a call or text regarding a fresh batch of chix sally I peddle on over to house and nosh down on a gigantic sammie aka sandwich. I love Andi and I love her sally but if I told her to spice it up a bit, she might kick the tofu out of me. So to save myself a beatin' I concluded the only avant garde sally would have to be made by me. I made a curried tofu sally and it was delicious, but please do not tell Andi!



Curried Tofu Salad

1 package extra firm tofu, drained
2 T. olive oil
1 T. curry powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup Veganaise
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. curry paste (I used green)


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

After draining tofu slice into 1/2 inch slabs and rub both sides with olive oil. In a bowl mix together all dry seasonings and sprinkle on both sides of tofu. Bake tofu for 30 minutes, then flip and bake another 30 minutes. Let tofu cool then cut into tiny cubes. In a bowl mix Veganaise, peas carrots and curry paste. The add tofu and mix to combine. Refrigerate for an hour or overnight. I think it tastes best the next day.


Sorry Andi.

No comments:

Post a Comment