19 January 2010

Papaya and Tofu Stir Fry



I am always trying to get Timmy to eat more fruit. He eats veggies like crazy all day but rarely picks up an apple or an orange unless I hand it to him. Lately when I make dinner I have been tossing in fruit wherever possible and wherever a delicious taste explosion is to be had. When it comes to stir frys in our home Tim is usually doing the frying as I tend to avoid frying things in general. This recipe here is a loose one and can easily be adjusted to your tastes and preferences. I just wanted to post it because it was the best stir fry I have yet to make and Tim said it was his, "most favorite ever."

Papaya and Tofu Stir Fry

Tofu marinade:
1 package extra firm tofu, drained
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 T. soy sauce
1 tsp. mango chili sauce (or any chili sauce)
1 tsp. sesame seed oil

Soak tofu in marinade for one hour, slice and fry up with veggies of choice. You can add more pineapple juice and simmer if wanting a more fruity taste. Cut up a fresh papaya and add 1/2 cup of papaya chunks to tofu and veggies and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve on top of rice. I prefer brown Jasmine rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment