First and foremost I would like to thank little baby Jesus for making all of this possible, I would like to thank my moms, and oh wait, this is not that kind of award...woopsie! Ha! Little baby Jesus, I love saying that. I was nominated by two very lovely ladies Courtney and Beckie. I am sure you know them both, but if not I suggest you check out their blogs and make some new hip friends. There are some rules that come with this award (a few little strings attached, but kinda a fun thing.) rule 1: thank the person who nominated you.
1. I will thank Courtney first, because she awarded my blog yesterday but I was too lazy to post about it until just now. (: Courtney is awesome and I have a bit of a girl crush on her, but don't tell her OK? Then there is Beckie who could be my style twin, she is cute, clever and fun to email.
Rule #2 Share 7 things about yourself
1. I used to work at a porno store. Yep almost 10 years ago I was in the biz. I just told Josh and Katie this last night and Josh thought I was making up stories when I told them about things that happened while I worked there and the movies I saw during my employment there. I worked there for about a year and then quit with like seven other employees. It was fun and crazy and sometimes really creepy working there. The god thing is that job taught me how to stick up for myself. I was confronted with many an uncomfortable situation but handled all of them with strength and confidence.
2. I have a band tattoo. I am that loser with a band logo tattooed on her forearm. I am a walking billboard. The only problem, this band is not my favorite band and in fact I really haven't liked their last three or four albums. I did go to one of their shows recently and thought they were starting to look old, they were sloppy and everyone else at the show was 16. I will say though when I look at my tattoo I remember being 17 and sitting in my bedroom singing along to all of their songs and feeling like for the first time in my life someone else felt the same as I did in that moment of my life. And for that I will be forever grateful.
3. My sister, my friends Ryan and Jeremiah and ex-husband all have the same band tattoo. You may have noticed something in that last sentence. So number three... I was married before. I am a divorcee. But it is cool. Just like having tall bangs in the eighties it is something I wish I hadn't done, but it makes me who I am today.
4. I like Courtney, do not EVER want to have children. I have no patience for children. They are cute and silly but they are cuter when admired from a distance, a very far distance. I do have friends who have wonderful children and their kids love me, but I think that i because I am a child myself. This is not something that will change when I get older. My grandmother has come to accept this, so she calls Addie and the others her furry grandchildren.
5. Speaking of my grandma, I was raised by my grandparents. My sister and I both went into their custody when our mom died, I was three and my sister ten. So, if I ever say ice box or davenport, you know why. Grandparents have the funniest slang.
6. I love chocolate. I could eat it everyday, all day. I also love coffee. I could bathe in it while eating a chocolate bar. Yummy!
7. I am tall for a girl. I am not a giant but all of my girl friends are smaller than I am. I have large feet too. ugh...I have a hard time finding cute shoes that fit me.
ok, I am not THAT tall
Now I have to award 15 other blogs...so here it goes
3. Chicos and Beans
4. Cupcake Kitteh
5. she waits for whispers
6. strumpet's crumpets
7. Tea Talk
8. The Vegan Mouse
9. the wardrobe diaries
10. Time for tea, love
11. Vegan Conversion Challenge
12. Kim-Anh Nguyen Art
13. Stuff You'll Love
15. Go Vegan Meow
Get ready ladies...