Kellie over at getthewordsout is doing this thirty day blog challenge and since I like Kellie so very much I decided to partake as well. It is pretty simple, blog about yourself for thirty days and since I am a self-proclaimed ego maniac this should be pretty easy, I mean really, who loves me more than me?
*note to my readers, I don't really love myself that much
Here are the guidelines for anyone interested in getting to know themselves more through this silly little month long exercise.
day 1- recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
day 2- the meaning behind you blog name
day 3- a picture of you and your friends
day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have
day 5- a picture of somewhere youve been to
day 6- favorite super hero and why
day 7- a picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
day 8- short term goals for this month and why
day 9- something youre proud of in the past few days
day 10- songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad
day 11- another picture of you and your friends
day 12- how you found out about blogger and why you have one
day 13- a letter to someone who has hurt you recently
day 14- a picture of you and your family
day 15- put you ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs that play
day 16- another picture of yourself
day 17- someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
day 18- plans/dreams/goals you have
day 19- nicknames you have and why you have them
day 20- someone you see yourself marrying or being with in the future
day 21- a picture of something that makes you happy
day 22- what makes you different from everyone else
day 23- something you crave for a lot
day 24- a letter to your parents
day 25- what I would find in your bag
day 26- what do you think about your friends
day 27- why are you doing this 30 day challenge
day 28- a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then?
day 29- in this past month, what have you learned
day 30- you favorite song
Day 1 recent picture of me:
me on my 28th birthday (2 months ago)
and 15 interesting facts about yourself...
1. The name Rikki, is NOT short for anything, and no, I didn't lose that number (curse you Steely Dan, curse you!!)
2. My favorite color is orange, I first started liking it because no one else did and also because my favorite album when I was 17 was Orange Rhyming Dictionary from Jets to Brazil, and it is still one of my favorite albums 11 years later.
3. I like to close my eyes when I am biking and see how long I can go without opening them, not very safe I know, but what a thrill!
4. I have been Vegan for 2 and 1/2 years and I do not regret a single day. I do not miss cheese and I probably say the word vegan at least 15 times a day because in my mind vegan=super fucking rad!
5. I find Woody Harrelson strangely attractive along with Nick Cave and Patrick Carney of the Black Keys. The taller and skinnier the better. I like really bony elbows and pale forearms.
6. If and when I have sex dreams they are with people I have never met or ever seen before. Complete strangers that don't exist.
7. In elementary school, Beth (my then best friend) and I one made a Ouija board using a paper and rock, we then told a little girl it was real and told her she would die before her sixth birthday, her birthday was the next day. cruel.
8. In third grade I rounded up a group of my friends and sang the entire R.E.M. song Losing my Religion while dancing. I thought the song was about losing your virginity.
9. I used to think I had bad birthday luck, when I was seven I fell in the tub and slit open my chin, having to get stitches and was not able to eat my birthday cake. On my 10th birthday my grandpa locked me and my friends outside and wouldn't let us into the house (summertime in the desert) We all got sweaty and sick. When I was 13 my Uncle Bob died. At 19 the boy I loved brought another girl to my party and broke my heart. At 24 I got into my first fight, I punched a girl. But then at 26 I held hands with Tim for the first time and he broke the curse.
10. I used to have a surface piercing on my wrist. I couldn't put my hand in my pants pocket for over six months.
12. I draw pretty well but I can't do it sober, because I am my own worst critic.
13. I don't really think things through, I just hold my breath and jump in. I prefer it that way.
14. I am not a good person to talk to at length because I often get lost in my head and completely ignore what someone is saying to me. I can't help it, I try to pay attention but then I end up wandering around in my brain and think of all kinds of silly things.
15. I don't like Elvis. I know, not very American of me but he was a sexy stylish dude who morphed into an ugly obese joke. Plus, he tried to have the Beatles deported and I cannot forgive that.
Day one is over, thank Jesus, it was hard to talk about myself that much. Stay tuned for 29 more days of Rikki Cupcake.